Chat with Keith Law

Chat with Keith Law
Page 7 of 7
Klaw
That's great. I wonder what five tools he's talking about. (Panik = utility guy for me, some teams like him as an everyday SS, could see him going in sandwich round.)
Jason (St Louis)
Does Pete Kozma being called up to replace Nick Punto justify the high draft choice on him a couple years back? I say no.
Klaw
No.
Jason (St Louis)
Are you going to chat the day of the draft? Day after maybe?
Klaw
Probably both. I usually do both. Depends a little on TV - I'll be in Bristol both days, TV is up in the air for Monday. Tuesday night at 9 pm EDT we're doing a one-hour Draft Special with Buster, Tim, and myself as analysts.
Nate (KC)
Read that you got an iPad; I'll be getting one this weekend, mainly to replace heavy, heavy textbooks while I'm in college. Do you have a favorite recipe/cooking app? I could see it being very handy in the kitchen as well.
Klaw
I haven't done much with it yet - just got the thing yesterday - but I need to get Ruhlman's Ratio app.
Andrew (SF)
Could you elaborate on the concerns about Moustakas' bat? Why does Montero get the small sample size/long track record pass despite his struggles, while Mous doesn't? Thanks Keith.
Klaw
Concern on Moustakas' track record is that he did a lot of it in very good hitters' parks, especially for LH power bats. That's something I heard quite a bit in conversations over the weekend.
Jake (DC)
Any chance Cole is there at #6? 2%? 1%?
Klaw
I don't think Baltimore AND Kansas City pass on him.
Chuck (Arkansas)
Why did you choose "Meadowparty"?
Klaw
Don't blame me. I voted for Bill n' Opus.
Klaw
Thanks for the questions - back to the phones and the writeups. If you're not on Twitter ... get on it, at least for the next five days, and follow me at @keithlaw for frequent draft updates and links. Or follow my fan page at facebook.com/KeithLawWriter. Any time I post something, I'll link to it in both places to get it to you faster. I'll be back on Monday for one last draft preview chat.

Advertisement

Tell us what you think!

Take Survey Now » No Thanks »